When Should I Worry

I took my girls to the dog park on Sunday (4 days ago) and Eden came home with a limp. She did run like a maniac so when she started limping I was okay with it. It's been a few days now and it's not getting better. She'll tear around the yard like nothing but when she finally slow's down she holds her leg up. She's 12, so no spring chicken... my worry is that this is how I lost my first grey. She played with her favorite friend, a wiener dog, started limping, and 10 days later she was gone :weep I will most likely take her to the vet on Saturday but I wonder that I'm being too sensitive.

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

If you're worried, it's always a good idea to have it checked out by your vet. But if it's a soft tissue injury, you need to make her rest and not let her "tear around the yard" to give it a chance to heal. Keep her on leash for trips outside to keep her from running for at least a week or two.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

That was my first thought too. Regardless of what it is IMO her activity should be strictly limited to the leash potty breaks until it gets better or you find out more about it. It has been my experience that greyts often show lameness when the injury is spinal. Something like that could make restricted activity a matter of life or death. I would try restricting her activity and see what you've got. I'm glad she's still so spunky at 12yoa. I lubs the seniors but like you said she's no spring chicken anymore. For Eden: :kiss2

This would happen to my senior Grey male. It was his shoulder that bothered him. Big scare. Turned out to be arthritis & nothing else. Huge sigh of relief. Growing old ain't for sissies.

Hope your girl is better soon. May it just be part of the normal, "I'm getting older", aches & pains.