Tooting On Green Bag ?

For us, the green bag caused a temporary increase in pooping. But then things tapered off and went back to normal. I would say the size of the poops are a little bigger, but the quantity is still the same. The only thing that I can think of regarding James is that now his symptoms are subsiding, his body is trying to compensate for the weight he lost. His appetite is probably coming back around, which may continue until he gets back up to a healthy weight. Is James still on the sulfasalazine? If so, that could definitely explain the gas!

Tonight will be James' last dose of sulfasalazine. I am curious to see what, if anything, happens after the medicine is gone. He's been having firm poops, until this afternoon. Our dog walker reported that James had a very large, mushy poop...pudding-like, not quite liquid. Soooo, not sure what that's all about. And, his dandruff reappeared last night. I'm not going to freak out about that, yet, though, because before all this crap (literally and figuratively) started he would have one drandruffy day a week.

Soooo, I couldn't resist the urge to go out and buy different food. When I bought another 5lb bag of Iams this weekend, I also bought a 5lb bag of Nutro Natural Choice Venison Meal & Whole Brown Rice Formula (the Sensitive Skin and Stomach food). I subbed in 1/4th cup of Nutro for Iams. Compared to the Iams mini-chunks, the Nutro kibble is ginormous, so a 1/4th cup didn't seem like much. Anyway, his farts are definintely much better. *fingers crossed this keeps working*

Guest shanesmom

Ace gets the Iams green bag and for him it's the perfect food. I buy it at Costco. Having only one dog to buy food for I tried high end expensive foods and even grain free but his poop was so loose and there was so much of it I took someone's advice and tried the Iams in the green bag. Perfect for him. Solid small poop ever since and no gas. He can't eat most treats either though. He mostly just gets naturally dehydrated meat treats and surprisingly vanilla ice cream which he has no problem eating. He gets 4 cups a day. He is around 90 pounds and very active.

• 1 month later...
Guest 2greys2cats
Annie gets 1 cup of Nutro venison and 1/2 cup of Iams green bag for breakfast and the same for supper. Mixed in with each meal are a couple of tablespoons of dried beet pulp and a couple of squirts of fish oil. Her coat is soft and has a nice sheen to it. Annie has never had smelly gas, and in the 15 months I've had her, she's been on a few different brands. Adding the beet pulp has given her better poos, though by the time she does her 3rd poo of the day (which is how many she has every day), it's softer than the morning poo.

Where did you find beet pulp? I searched on line and can't find it.