Freaking Out...

Guest lovnmygreys

Guest lovnmygreys

Hi all,

I'm a bit worried about Lucy, but seeing as I've only had her for a month, I'm not sure I'm overreacting. Last night she had some rawhide (I know, after reading some posts on rawhide, never again...) anyway, I think she swallowed a sizable piece of it. She didn't choke at all, and was totally fine so I didn't worry about it. This morning when I put out their food bowls she had absolutely no interest in eating at all. I'm not sure if she s had a bowel movement but I can hear the juices in her belly talking A LOT this morning. I spent a lot of time rubbing her belly this morning and pushing in on her stomach and she was never showed any discomfort, she actually fell asleep from it. She's sleeping now but I can still hear her belly rumbling and she still won't eat her food. at what point should I start freaking out and taking her to the vet?!

It could just be coincidence. What if you offered her something yummier, will she eat it? Or is she refusing ALL food? You didn't mention what you are actually feeding for breakfast. Is she drinking her water at all?

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest lovnmygreys

She ate a little treat and is now eating her kibble. I went outside with her but she wouldn't even follow me out into the yard. At what point should I seriously consider taking her to the vet? Still waiting for her to drink some water, but I imagine now that she is eating she will do that shortly...

Keep an eye on her, if she's eating and pooping you probably don't have anything to worry about. Sounds like the rawhide upset her stomach.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest lovnmygreys

She's like her old self today! I think it's very possible that the rawhide upset her stomach as you guys have said. She is eating and eliminating normally now. I am SO relieved...and all of the rawhide has made a hasty departure from the house... :f50: