Jnb Apple Butter 8-18-01 - 8-14-12

Guest vahoundlover

Guest greytfulhounds

Hope, I just saw your tribute & what a beautiful tribute to your sweet, sweet girl! My love & prayers continue to be with you & Allan as you move through this sad time. :bighug

Godspeed beautiful girl!

f_yellow

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytbig

After reading your post, I needed time to compose myself enough to reply. We are only on "Day 3" in our "After the Loss" story, and I feel worse today than I did yesterday. It's probably that emotional "roller coaster" ride from hell that most everyone here has experienced at least once. No sooner do you think the ride is over and you're getting off than it jerks you back into the seat and accelerates rapidly downward again. I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl she was!

This is the question I found myself asking (to myself) today: If you do something many times, aren't you supposed to get better at it each time? Normally, it becomes easier each time, because you've done it before and you know how it goes. Makes sense, right? Then why, oh why, does this rule not apply when it comes to this relentless sadness and pain that comes after losing a Grey? Especially when that horrible cancer takes them from us in the prime of their lives? That kind of torture should not be inflicted on creatures who want nothing more than to love and be loved. They don't lie, steal, pass judgement.....OK some of them do steal.......and some of those "thieves" will lie about who did it........I'm sorry. I don't make light of this subject, but when I typed "they don't steal" I started to smile, through the tears. We all know that when it comes to Greyhounds, that is not always true. (we have a "stealer". His favorite place to "stash the loot" is in his bed, which is typical from what I understand)

I am so very grateful for GreyTalk and all of its members when going through these times. Greyhound people are the best, man! They are a very special breed, just like their dogs!