Quick Advice Please!

Guest mameyer

Guest mameyer

Hi,

So, my 75lb ibd greyhound Ari and 15lb cockapoo mix Henry got into 1/2 of a 12 oz bag of peanut butter m&m's and 1/2 a box of lemon cookies sometime in the past 4 hours. Not sure who the culprit was, but I found all the packaging intact (how thoughtful of them!). Both seem to be acting normally. Ari's HR is 72 and regular, gums are pink with good cap refill. Henry's HR only is around 60....seems to be much slower than normal for him (just going by his vet exam records, I've never listened to him before), but his gums look good with good cap refill as well. Don't know what I'm in for other than a lot of diarrhea. Can't imagine there is a lot of chocolate in a peanut butter m&m?

Thanks!

Please check the label on the lemon cookies and make sure there's no Xylitol used as a sweetener there.

If there's Xylitol, head for the ER with both dogs. (Complications from Xylitol may not show for days; by then, it's often too late.)

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest mameyer

Thanks all! I figured all I was in for was gurgly bellies and diarrhea. Was more worried about the chocolate and the little one, but it looks like theres only 20% milk chocolate in peanut butter M&M so even if he ate them all himself he'd be ok.

No xylitol in the cookies, either.

Always nice to have a little reassurance from everyone! :)

Guest mirthlesstroll

You'll probably see some Big D, but other than that they should be OK. My BMD ate a whole bag of Hershey Nuggets (wrappers and all) Sparkley Big D all day!