Heartworm/flea And Tick Scheduling

I do them the same day. Maybe one day apart, since I adjust the Frontline Plus to when I have a day off so I'm not constantly petting that oil slick. (Put it on my first day back at work after my day off; by the time I get home, it's soaked in more.) I know the heartworm meds they're on will give them 24 hours of soft green poop--regardless of the Frontline--and otherwise I'm not worried.

But if giving internal flea and tick protection and a separate internal heartworm med, I might schedule one the 1st of the month and the other on the 15th, just to make it easier to keep track.

If someone has a bad reaction to a topical flea and tick, it's usually going to be scratching or rubbing--which pretty clearly indicates what the culprit is--and I'll give the dog a bath. But we've had no problems with Frontline Plus. Knock wood.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Both of mine are topicals (yuck -- but my vet is strongly convinced that Advantage Multi is the most effective heartworm/parasite med) and I do them on the 1st and 15th too. Because I need a two-week break between the post-topical day of disgustingness, but it also seems safest to maximize the gap,

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad