Ace Is A Little Bit "off"

Ace seemed fine this morning, her normal exuberant self...but this afternoon when I got home from taking Carrie to acupuncture, she seemed off..tail tucked, walking kind of funny. Thigh muscles/lower back muscles twitchy, walking hunched up.

I've done ROM with her limbs, done a bunch of palpating, etc. I can't find any one particular thing. Initially of course I freak out and think she's got osteo because she pulled away when I squeezed her femur, but, I got the same reaction when I squeezed the other one, whew.

She ate her dinner with gusto as always, but she hasn't wagged her tail at all, and won't give me kisses. She doesn't feel well. I've put her to bed and hopefully she will feel better tomorrow. My suspicion is that it's something gastric-after she ate her dinner she did throw up a little bit (lots of white foam, a little bit of food), and then proceeded to eat it again before I could get it cleaned up :puke

I don't see anything she could have gotten into/eaten...not sure what's done it other than the fact that she had her leukemia chemo meds yesterday...but she's been taking those every other week for over two years now with no side effects. Nothing has changed-same dosage, same timetable, same med.

I gave her some Pepcid, hopefully that will help...

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I had my mom stop in and check on her at lunch, she said that she seemed mopey and had a hard time getting one of her back legs underneath her to get up off the couch.

When I got home, she was totally normal-waggy, kissy, exhuberant...I'm wondering if her leukemia was flaring up (when she had the muscle spasm issues, we stopped her chemo meds for a period of time because we didn't want her taking those on top of the other stuff she was taking temporarily). I wonder if that was enough to mess with her and the chemo she got on Monday has finally taken effect.

Not exactly sure what was up, but, she seems okay now, thank goodness!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

Still seemed good this morning - a little bit slow yet, but, she was happy and wagging her tail. Ate her breakfast like normal, had good poop :dunno