Salmon Oil Questions

Hi all,

So I bought a thing of Grizzly Salmon oil to add to Robin's food. I hoped it would encourage him to eat more, and also that it would give him some benefits for his joints and such with his arthritis. Been meaning to do it for a while, but finally got to it. 2 questions for you all, though...

--How many pumps do you give? It says to give 4 pumps per day, but I was curious what people here do.

--Does it typically cause soft stool? He's had 3 meals with it, and already he has the nasty soft serve going on, and I'm wondering if it is the oil. If so, any suggestions on helping it? I would really like to try this, to see if I have better results than the fish oil capsules, but not at the expense of his sensitive tummy...

Any info would be appreciated. I'd only heard good things about this stuff, so I'm hoping it's just a transition period...

:-)

Cathy

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

We've been using Iceland Pure for about three weeks. We started off very slow - one squirt per day for 3-4 days, then two, etc. They're up to four squirts per day now, and we've had no poop issues.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Jack and Keeva get one squirt twice a day on their food, a nice long squirt (I have the 32oz bottle, very reasonable price on Amazon). Jack's poop did get a little runny after he started on it but he seems to be getting used to it. Keeva has been on it for years and has no trouble.

Linda, Keeva and Jack

Guest RoseFirePhoto

I use the Grizzly Salmon Oil for my greyhounds. I started with a half pump and gradually increased it to two full pumps by using a half pump more each time. My dogs tolerate it well.

I now buy it whole sale from Grizzly.