Turkey Necks

I bought some raw turkey necks for Henry and Truman. The grocery stores in my neighborhood doesn't carry them, but I happened upon some at Wholey's in Pittsburgh's Strip District. Last time I gave Hen a raw knuckle bone, it really upset his stomach. Had diarrhea for days, the whole nine. How should I feed him the turkey necks while minimizing the chance of intestinal upset? My dogs aren't used to raw.

I have found that chicken and turkey is really easy for most dogs to handle. The bone content really firms things up, but just try feeding a small amount, and cut back on his overall food that day to see how he does. Did the knuckle bone have marrow in it? That is a big cause of stomach upset from those types of bones, the little bit of meat they chew off usually isn't a problem.

Mine had a huge problem the one and only time I fed turkey necks. Vomit and the big D for a few days. I don't know if you could try maybe cutting them down to a small enough size where they couldn't swallow them, but they could still get a good enough start on them? I wish I could feed them to my dogs, but unless I lived on a concrete floor with a drain, I don't think I'll try it again.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound