Website For Homecooked Diets

Just thought I would share--- if your ready and would like to homecook for your hounds you might want to check out www.petdiets.com. It's a website set up by Rebecca Remillard DVM-- veterinary nutritionist.

Homecooking can and is usually a lot of work but, if you're up to the challenge you'll find the website very handy.

thankS!!

I've been feeding 'raw' for the past 2 years or so, and my little boy clearly prefers most of his raw food cooked. So ... I've been building my own (with input from my vet and nutritionist) ... would love to have a support system for that!

I just luv Dr Remillard - she has set up three diets for my dogs over the years which cover most issues - regular, kidney, and cancer and they have only had to be slightly readjusted over time and for new additions. The meals are pretty simple and the dogs love breakfast and dinner.

She now recommends using a powdered supplement for vitamins and such but, I have found that I like using the pharmacy brand vitamins for people and it seems to work fine (and probably cheaper too).

My vet recently recommended BalanceIt.com to help balancing a dog's diet. Haven't tried it yet, but apparently you can enter food you've got and the site will tell you what to add to make it balanced for the dog.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04