The Midnight Snack

Guest lfreem2

My pups never finish their evening meal so there is always some kibble left in their bowls, there are times I hear them later at night after I go to bed and the bowls are empty in the morning, so I guess I don'tneed to worry about them waking me up, they have figured it out for themselves. Oh they also get a small treat after their last turnout at 9:00 Pm. DH and I are up very early so bedtime is 9:00 PM

Guest lfreem2

I find it interesting that a few folks have mentioned "milk" as a snack. Are you talking standard cow's milk? I'm surprised a grey with such a sensitive belly would tolerate it!

I've got a few goats in milk that have just had babies, so it's got me thinking...as goat milk is far easier to digest and tolerate for most humans/animals. Hmmm...

My guys eat around noon and midnight (with my schedule that is how we roll). Every morning between 6:30 and 7:15 I wake up to a big white and red greyhound face nuzzling me if I'm close enought to the edge of the bed. If I'm not he stands there and whines in escalating volume until I wake up, pet him and give him a milkbone and the littles two Alpo snaps. All four of us are back asleep within 5 minutes. I guess noon is lunch and midnight is dinner, but he needs something like an English muffin for breakfast. ;) Then back to bed until noon.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I always give my houndies some kind of snack before bed. It is usually a donut, a large milk bone, some mushies, a cookie-something like that. Some of them preferred a couple ounces of milk instead of solids.Just seems to have been a beneficial practice and I have been doing it for years.

yup a snack but it's limited to one large milk bone or 3 small biskets. the dogs wag their tails and follow dh as he straightens up the living room(now that's what i call training!) and then they bolt to either their crate or bed and beat those tails in unison waiting for their snack.

Ours eat at 6AM and 6PM. We give them a piece of peanut butter sandwich before bed, around 11:30 PM. Daisy could do without it, but if Teddy doesn't have something to eat before bed, he will wake up at 3 AM, crying and whimpering. With the bedtime snack, he sleeps through the night.

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

Guest BlingDogs

Dory's a fussy old gal, and sometimes she won't finish her dinner. So when she does, she gets more- As much as she likes, really. We're trying to cover up her ribs a little.