I Should Have Done This A Long Time Ago...

Guest thedozer

Guest thedozer

I found this forum almost 2 years ago when we adopted our first greyhound, Dozer, straight off the track (almost 200 miles from home). I realize now in hindsight that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but thankfully I found the wisdom of GT! We had some trying times in the early months with marking and space agression, but the knowledge of the folks on this site was a tremendous help! We were also very fortunate to connect with a local adoption group who welcomed us and Dozer as one of their own. We are now one of the group's meet and greet coordinators and Dozer does a greyt job promoting greyhound adoption. I'm so glad I found this site...GTers are amazing!

Of course...here's a picture. I really love this guy.

"May I please have a cookie?"

dozercookie2.jpg

Guest thedozer

Yes, with those eyes he has a way of getting what he wants!

His racing name was Mulberry Dozer and raced at Gulf Greyhound Park in Texas. He has only one registered littermate named Mulberry Davinci. We were following Mulberry Davinci's races at Derby Lane for a while, but it looks like he's done racing too and hopefully found a forever home through one of Florida's adoption groups. There sire was Flying Penske.

Yes, we have a shop on Etsy called Dozer's Designs. (Schultzlc, thanks for the compliment!)

Dozer is a half brother to our Brogan (Cold B Brogan). If he's anything like her, he is a delight. She took a little while to house break, and she's got a high prey drive, so she keeps us on our toes, but she has such a personality we are glad we have figured out her needs and no longer have problems with her. GreyTalk is a grey source of ideas and knowledge to help folks that are new to the breed (like we were) to get to that happy home environment faster.

Brogan says "Hi little brother, welcome to the forum. You look just like me, when I was your age. Keep perfecting the cookie eyes, you can get just about anything you what from your people with just the right look" :)

Kathy with Riley (Hoosier Baby) and Brogan (Cold B Brogan)