Chemo

Guest twoskinnydogs

Guest twoskinnydogs

Hello Everyone, Just an update on Toby.....he is doing well and has completed the first cycle of Chemo with no problems. I have been really surprised at the lack of side effects from the chemo but I sure am glad there hasn't been any!! :colgate He starts his second cycle of chemo tomorrow so we have our fingers and paws crossed here!

Good luck. The first one is usually a freebie as far as side effects. Don't be surprised to see some low appetite, nausea, and low energy.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

So pleased to hear Toby is doing well!

Gabe has had five chemo treatments now, and we haven't seen any nausea, loss of appetite, etc. In fact, Gabe was suckering us into giving him TOO many treats and was gaining weight. :blush

Since the third or fourth treatment, he has been VERY tired after. It's taken him a few days after each for his energy levels to rebound.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest mirinaaronsmom

Mojo is almost finished with his chemo (2 more weeks to go). He never had any reactions except weight loss until this week. He kept wanting to vomit after he had his dinner, but nothing came up. And then he kept acting like he had the hiccups. Finally the next day he vomited, but there was nothing unusual in it and he seemed to be fine afterward. I hope Toby continues to do well on it. Poor pups.

Guest twoskinnydogs

Thanks enveryone!! I hope he continues to do well also! I have noticed him being a little more tired after the last one, but it's kinda hard to tell.....He's a big lazy boy anyway lol! Toby has actually gained 3 lbs in two weeks after losing about 10 lbs before starting treatment. Doc thinks that the chemo is halting the cancer from spreading and he's able to gain weight again..... I hope he can continue on this path for a while and be happy with us for some time.