Guest Elo

Hi everyone!

I wish I had pictures of my greyhound to show you all, but well...I need a greyhound first! ;)

I'm currently looking into (aka, completely obsessed with) getting a retired racer sometime soon. This will probably happen in the next 6-8 months, so not as soon as I would love - but I want everything to be perfect before the kiddo comes home.

I'm planning on training my greyhound as a Service Dog, for my Fibromyalgia - whether they just help out around the house, or join me on outings, too.

I'm super excited to have joined and be taking the first steps (Going to my first meet up hopefully this Saturday!) on this journey.

I've been referred here a few times by DeeDee's mommy, limbrooke83 - so I decided to finally take the hint and join up!

Looking forward to meeting you all and learning more about Greys. Hope you don't mind that I don't have one yet, but once I do, pics will be inevitable, I promise!

-Elo

Oh no! I managed to post twice somehow. I'm sorry about that! Wish I knew how to delete one of these. =/

Once obsessed with wanting a Grey, it never leaves. I waited 15 years to get my first Greyhound and once I adopted Annie Bella in July of this year, it's been better than I could imagine. The only bad thing about joining and reading the forum is that your desire to adopt will grow quicker and bigger than ever! LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bean_Scotch

Welcome! Where are you at in Indiana? I volunteer for Allies for Greyhounds of West Michigan and we have lots of M&G's every weekend around South Bend/Mishawaka/Granger area!

Guest jbbuzby

Hello! I feel you on the increasing greyhound obsession. I decided I wanted one in March 2010 and started knitting a sweater for them, even though I couldn't adopt until January 2011! Luckily it fit my 80lb boy :). Now I have two, and things are wonderful. That time in waiting though...torture!! Best of luck to you!!!!

Welcome to greytalk.

I also have fibromyalgia and I know how tough it can be. I will say that while greyhounds make wonderful companions for someone with physical limitations, I don't think that many of them are motivated enough to pick things up for you etc. However, they are absolutely wonderful at giving comfort, cuddling to give warmth to sore muscles, and giving you reason to get out of bed and get moving even though your body complains. My Joe seems to sense how I am feeling and modifies his behavior to match. It is truly amazing.

Jane

Welcome! Where are you at in Indiana? I volunteer for Allies for Greyhounds of West Michigan and we have lots of M&G's every weekend around South Bend/Mishawaka/Granger area!

I'm in Fort Wayne :) I'm looking into AllStar Greyhounds right now, since they seem to be the closest to me.

I believe greyhounds can be taught to pick things up - especially if they're food motivated. I've heard it's getting them to carry things for you that's hard, hehe. I think just having a grey as a dog will definitely help - not even going into a SD. :colgate

Thanks all for the welcome! I'm so jealous PrairieProf - I want to meet them in real life so badly - and give DeeDee a good ear scratch haha.

Guest Bean_Scotch

Just keep Allies in mind if you can't find a dog you like. We usually have 40+ available. We have placed several Greyhounds in/around Ft. Wayne and Indianapolis.

Welcome from Ontario, Canada! Hope you are able to find your perfect pup in the near future!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest greymama002

Best wishes in your search for the perfect greyhound for you! In the meantime, you can come here and enjoy all the other great pictures and stories to get your greyhound fix!