New Mom Question

Guest FlosMomma

This is also the same dog who will go out & give a token squat if I ask her to pee but she doesn't really need to.

The token squat! Love it. Katie does that if she thinks we have been outside too long and she'd really like to go in, please. She has really learned "go to the bathroom and you can go back inside". :colgate

77f6598d-2.jpg

My blog about helping Katie learn to be a more normal dog: http://katies-journey-philospher77.blogspot.com/

Monty wouldn't go pee with a raincoat on for the world. He also hates the rain (it is a torture that I have created specifically to abuse him).

I've gone on many long walks and gotten completely soaked because he wouldn't go and wouldn't go and wouldn't go.... He still doesn't understand the go pee command, but our nonogrey Allie is an expert at the "boulevard" command and will pee immediately on going outside and anytime you ask her to "boulevard."

Guest shanesmom

Ace does not want to go out in the rain either. Puts the brakes on and will even sit so it's harder for me to move him. He's a really big boy too. I really give him no choice though. Just get behind and push. We leash walk so I just keep walking him until he goes. He does have a raincoat too but it makes no difference whether it's on or off. He hates the rain. It's actually much easier now than when I first got him. I think he knows he's not going to win and will have to go out in the rain so he gives up and pees pretty quickly now knowing he'll have to stay out there until he does.

He's still afraid of the umbrella though so I get pretty wet walking him too.