First One Now The Other

Guest masa

On her food Swirl was having loose bowl movements, not diarrhea so much as it was like soft swirl ice cream. So we cut back on treats and gave it time as our vet recommended. Saying that two months her belly and system is still getting adjusted.Her stomach seemed fine. Solid poops for at least two weeks now and we were ecstatic! :) But now it seems that she is almost bound up. Nothing else has changed in her diet except for less treats.

So should I just let things work themselves out, or give her something to 'help things along' and if so what should I give her?

Hope you all had a great holiday :)

Is she constipated? For how long? Any gas?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Not constipated as in nothing at all being passed but small piles of solid poop. Only for about three days, no gas but stomach sounds, no sign of bloat no whining or other signs of discomfort. She was up doing her usual morning zoomies today to.

Not constipated as in nothing at all being passed but small piles of solid poop. Only for about three days, no gas but stomach sounds, no sign of bloat no whining or other signs of discomfort. She was up doing her usual morning zoomies today to.

What do you want her to pass?

Sounds like she's finally normal. If she's pooping at least once a day, leave her diet alone!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest iLoveLucie

Sounds like she's finally normal. If she's pooping at least once a day, leave her diet alone!

Agreed! When we first brought home our dogs who were fresh off the track they would go 3-4 times a day - all pretty soft. I remember calling up the woman who fostered Lucie in a panic because I thought this was an issue! Now we are are down to 2 times a day, unless we take them on a really long walk, then they might go one more time.

was just worried that something might be wrong, thanks guys :) she seems pretty normal now, one or two poops a day and she doesnt seem to have any problems going now :)