Stoned Out Of Her Little Mind

Nutmeg had two suspicious lumps removed yesterday from her right shoulder. We have paws crossed waiting for the test results.

I am so glad that the osteo threads have kept me reminded of bad drug reactions. I knew they were going to give her a painkiller afterwards, but I thought it would be pills that I could give if needed. Nope, a shot of synthetic opioid (buprenorphine) before I picked her up. The vet didn't want to give her an NSAID because of a kidney scare earlier this year, but this is sure off her list now, too.

She was panting a little in the car on the way home and then went into full reaction mode. Panting, pacing, and whining nonstop. Rear legs threatening to collapse at every minute, but only sank down for short exhausted "rests" 3x between 5 p.m. last night and 8:30 this morning. The info on buprenorphine online says it is supposed to last only 8 hrs. Ha!

Baby girl ate some delicate morsels for late breakfast and is resting relatively comfortably now.

Nutmeg in perkier times, modeling her 4-legged jammies:

IMG_0095.jpg

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest verthib

Nutmeg had two suspicious lumps removed yesterday from her right shoulder. We have paws crossed waiting for the test results.

I am so glad that the osteo threads have kept me reminded of bad drug reactions. I knew they were going to give her a painkiller afterwards, but I thought it would be pills that I could give if needed. Nope, a shot of synthetic opioid (buprenorphine) before I picked her up. The vet didn't want to give her an NSAID because of a kidney scare earlier this year, but this is sure off her list now, too.

She was panting a little in the car on the way home and then went into full reaction mode. Panting, pacing, and whining nonstop. Rear legs threatening to collapse at every minute, but only sank down for short exhausted "rests" 3x between 5 p.m. last night and 8:30 this morning. The info on buprenorphine online says it is supposed to last only 8 hrs. Ha!

Baby girl ate some delicate morsels for late breakfast and is resting relatively comfortably now.

Nutmeg in perkier times, modeling her 4-legged jammies:

IMG_0095.jpg

Mine had the same reaction and my vet said that was normal....