Almonds

galgomum

Our little white monster recently got into my husbands almonds a few times.

When looking it up, I get mixed stories.

Are, or aren't they toxic to dogs, if they are, please tell me how bad it can get so I can scare the S#$% out of my husband.

He doesn't seen to think it is a big deal and until now she is fine, but she already had several hands full over the last few weeks.

For some reason this doesn't feel good, even though she doesn't seem to have problems.

Almonds are ok. I grind them up and sprinkle about 3 almonds worth of almond powder on their raw food daily for trace mineral (or some trace thing that is good for them) content. That is per a raw feeding book.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Hmm. I can tell why you are probably getting conflicting information. There is a reason that cyanide is described as smelling like "bitter almond". It's found in almonds, and peach/apricot/plum/cherry pits. The level found in sweet almonds is low enough to not be a problem to humans. I don't know if it is high enough to bother dogs. So whether they are bad or not is probably an "it depends" kind of answer.

77f6598d-2.jpg

My blog about helping Katie learn to be a more normal dog: http://katies-journey-philospher77.blogspot.com/