On Switch?

Guest SupersMom

Guest SupersMom

The husband and I have consistently observed the our girl has an "on switch", and that switch is me. She will mope around all day, not touch her toys, not play, and barely get off the couch...until I come home. The husband his with her all day, loves her dearly, tries to intice her to play, loves on her, pets her, hugs her, rubs her belly etc. The moment I walk in the door she is up, jumping, running, and chomping on all her toys the rest of the night. The husband says its like she is a completely different dog when I'm home.

Do any of you have dogs with a similar "on switch?"

Hahaha, yes, Myka's on switch is when I walk in the door and again about 45 minutes later when The Squeeze comes home.

Edited by Jenbo

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Guest SupersMom

Hahaha, yes, Myka's on switch is when I walk in the door and again about 45 minutes later when The Squeeze comes home.

When I am home alone with her she whines for DH, so I don't get it. We think it's a hoot.

I have always been "the adored one", so I guess I'm the switch. Summer isn't as bad as the dog before her, although that may just be because she's so incredibly laid back and the previous dog was wired for sound. That little girl was soooo bad that DH would hide in the basement or garage, just to avoid all the moping and pathetic behavior. :lol

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest SupersMom

Ah, Super's working both of you, just like Myka. Good dog, Super. :kiss2

She is the best we could ask for. Husband loves it when she randomly leaves her couch just to give him a kiss across the room. (only when I'm home of course) he laughs when she comes ver for a kissing marathon, I let her kiss my face to her hearts content---he thinks it's hilarious. I love it when I go to bed early and she follows me to cuddle till I about fall asleep. She earned bed privileges when she learned "sit". Her sit is adorable, she circles herself and does this side-saddle kind of sit, right on her rump. Sometimes she will squat sit, but mostly, it's her lady-like sit.

Guest shanesmom

My son is Ace's on switch for play time. As soon as he walks through the door, Ace starts grabbing his toys and throwing them all over. Doesn't matter if my son goes straight to his room either, Ace will continue to play by himself just because he's happy Kevin is home.

All I have to do is walk into the room, look at Maggie and ask "Now where is that monkey?". The screaming monkey gets her every time.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

Guest SupersMom

All I have to do is walk into the room, look at Maggie and ask "Now where is that monkey?". The screaming monkey gets her every time.

Super is usually wired once I come home, but what winds her up tighter is the toy chicken. She'll tug o war with me over it, then let me toss it around for her, because "mom wants that chicken", so the tail goes a mile a minute, jumping all over the place. She is at her best when I can alternate between two toys, having her jumping all over the place. As soon as she catches one toy, I distract her with another---so I can take the first toy while she goes after toy 2, and repeat. This usually happens around 11pm.