A Scare

Guest betheab199

Guest betheab199

We had a scare with our grey Carol today. She is 12, and ran over 200 races.

All of a sudden she was on the living room floor just screaming, spread eagle. My first thought was that she fractured a leg due to osteo. I rolled her onto her side, and she was shaking. We covered her with a blanket, and she calmed down. I suspect she may have slipped on some of the ads and newspapers that were on the floor.I expected her to need help or encouragement to get up, but she was up and about and looked fine in about 5 minutes. Whew!

Guest betheab199

She has done just fine! But she needed a bath after she had an accident in her crate, and had the same issue in the tub. She didn't cry or anything, just couldn't stay upright. She laid on her side and let me scrub her!

She has been pretty perky and even enjoying the snow. Need to enjoy every day with these pups, esp when they are older like this.

She has done just fine! But she needed a bath after she had an accident in her crate, and had the same issue in the tub. She didn't cry or anything, just couldn't stay upright. She laid on her side and let me scrub her!

She has been pretty perky and even enjoying the snow. Need to enjoy every day with these pups, esp when they are older like this.

Was the bath water warm? I tried bathing Aston with warm water only once, and he scared the poop out of me by turning into a half-conscious puddle in the bottom of the tub. I believe the reason has to do with a greyhound's pronounced circulatory system -- in the presence of warm water, their capillaries open up and cause a sudden drop in blood pressure. Or something. :blush

Glad to hear that she is okay otherwise! Give her a smooch for me :):heart

I'm glad she's recovered from her scary fall.

BTW, Greyhounds frequently collapse during bathing if the water is a bit too warm. Next time she might be able to stand if the water is a little bit cooler.