Plummer's Visit To Vet

msjpk

As posted previously, Plummer had his visit today to check on his toe nail bed infection, Vet does not agree that it is SLO. However, we are following the Grassmere protocol. We will see how that goes.

He got blood work done and all is well except for low blood count.

She is sending that out and I will know more tomorrow. Plummer has lost about 8 lbs. since August 2010 but I have put him on Nutro senior as he is 11 years old.

Any input would be appreciated.

What portion of Plummer's blood work was low?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

If you haven't yet, give foot soaks in an epsom salts & Betadyne solution. Meaning in addition to what you've already decided to do. Which blood count was low?

Good luck. I won't hope for SLO but I do hope this protocol change will help Plummer.

If you add Betadyne or a generic 10% povidone iodine solution to that epsom salt soak you will have a wonderfully soothing antibacterial foot soak. :) It really does work amazingly well. Just tossing out the idea. As someone with a hound who recently started with SLO or an SLO-like disease both Plummer & you have my sympathies.

Vet contacted me today, Plummers White Cell count is 4.3 and forgot the name but started Lym..... is 6.88- so no problems with him. I

am going to change the food and put some pounds on him, soak his paws and continue with the Tetracycline, Omega and Vit E