Precise Foundation

Guest greyers

Guest greyers

Hi Everyone. Up at 4:45 again for Rego to have to poopy. Poor little boy. Such an upset tummy. :(

I got a lovely recommendation from a GTer for Precise Foundation chicken and rice formula that has worked for pooches with upset tummies. I read some online reviews with good results for dogs with digestive issues, so I am curious to look into this food since it appears a food change is coming up anyway. I searched and could only find a handful of threads with that food listed and wondered who currently feeds it on this board, or HAS fed it and if the results on your dogs tumtum were OK?

Thanks in advance! Thought I would ask before I send hubby on a drive out of his way after work tonight. :P Very few places locally seem to carry the brand.

Guest greyers

Thanks Diane! Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you guys.

Unfortunately Prairie is something I tried with Prudence when our previous grey had allergies and I was doing the allergy shuffle. She never did do very well (poop wise) on it, nor was she gungho about it. Its tough enough to get her to eat. Ideally I would like to start out trying something that might work for both dogs. I know this may not be a realistic goal, but it is a starting point for me and i will work from there. I will definitely keep it in the back of my mind though that it works for your multiple senior doggies in case I need to try a few things. So thank you for the great suggestion!

I'm almost certain that over the next couple weeks, depending on what the blood results come back showing, our vet will be recommending a diet switch for the boy off of the grain free and off of the raw. I probably will not be in love with the ingredients the suggested low residue diet will have, So I am checking out the precise as an option now.

Guest sirsmom

Hi Everyone. Up at 4:45 again for Rego to have to poopy. Poor little boy. Such an upset tummy. :(

I got a lovely recommendation from a GTer for Precise Foundation chicken and rice formula that has worked for pooches with upset tummies. I read some online reviews with good results for dogs with digestive issues, so I am curious to look into this food since it appears a food change is coming up anyway. I searched and could only find a handful of threads with that food listed and wondered who currently feeds it on this board, or HAS fed it and if the results on your dogs tumtum were OK?

Thanks in advance! Thought I would ask before I send hubby on a drive out of his way after work tonight. :P Very few places locally seem to carry the brand.

I fed it with great results for about 6 months (I had to buy it through Heart Pet; no where to be found here)then all of a sudden, the company decided to 'improve' the Foundation (took out the corn and lowered the fiber) and my sensitive girl got sloppy (not awful) poop on it; I kept them on til the bag was gone but she never did improve much so we moved on to something else (also always had to have it shipped another negative) Both finicky dogs thought the taste was the best and never left a morsel. She probably would have adjusted eventually, though (it takes her about a month on a new food) Its got a great reputation and nice ingredients.

Guest greyers

I fed it with great results for about 6 months (I had to buy it through Heart Pet; no where to be found here)then all of a sudden, the company decided to 'improve' the Foundation (took out the corn and lowered the fiber) and my sensitive girl got sloppy (not awful) poop on it; I kept them on til the bag was gone but she never did improve much so we moved on to something else (also always had to have it shipped another negative) Both finicky dogs thought the taste was the best and never left a morsel. She probably would have adjusted eventually, though (it takes her about a month on a new food) Its got a great reputation and nice ingredients.

thank you Sirsmom! The current ingredients I am not unhappy with even though it would be a change for our household. Whatever works for your pooches is what you have to go with. I have learned that with my greys. Growing up we only had shelter mutts and they could tolerate anything, never had food allergies or tummy issues. But of my 5 greys, 3 have needed a specific food due to these issues. I have done the food shuffle countless times trying to get the right stuff.

Fortunately for me we do have several places in town that carry the food, including one right by my husbands work. They did not have the foundation in stock, so they special ordered a bag for us and we started the sensicare one by the same company last night. The sensicare has almost the exact same ingredients except uses lamb instead of chicken and has flax. The protein, fat and fiber percentages are a little different, but not greatly so and it seems the sensicare might actually be more similar (percentage wise) to the low residue vet rx diets). Anyway, we are trying that for the time being whilst waiting for vet appt, blood draws, and lab results over the next couple weeks.

Thanks for the info on how you liked the food!

Lexie has always had a sensitive tummy for 4 years. We have tried several brands as well as vet prescription brands. We switched to precise foundation about 6-8 months ago as a reccomendation from a gretalker, and love it. There isn't a store near us that carries it either so I order it through national pet pharmecy. They deliver quick and is only 5 bucks to deliver. I have also ordered from petfood.com but sometimes they are out. Both are reasonable. I just remembered that we give her a mixture of precise and nature's basket venison and sweet potato. The combo of both dog foods work wonders for us. I buy the natures brand at any pet supermarket.

Edited by rschultz

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest greyers

Lexie has always had a sensitive tummy for 4 years. We have tried several brands as well as vet prescription brands. We switched to precise foundation about 6-8 months ago as a reccomendation from a gretalker, and love it. There isn't a store near us that carries it either so I order it through national pet pharmecy. They deliver quick and is only 5 bucks to deliver. I have also ordered from petfood.com but sometimes they are out. Both are reasonable. I just remembered that we give her a mixture of precise and nature's basket venison and sweet potato. The combo of both dog foods work wonders for us. I buy the natures brand at any pet supermarket.

Thank you so much for this info and for the websites you provided for where you buy them. The prices are a bit better than where we bought them from locally so I may go with one of them. Its too early to tell with this companies food, but so far nothing bad, and only good have come from our first couple of meals. Time will tell!

Guest greyers

Quite pleased... we started the foundation Chicken and Rice 3 meals ago and Rego has the best poop he has had in the three weeks or so since we have had him. While his poop may not be as firm as I would like yet, it is now 100% "formed". Prior to this even the best poops have still had the second half be not formed at all. Also, very little gas if any. Jury is still out on this food, but so far it looks like we may have found a winner.

Thanks rockets dad for the suggestion! :colgate

I haven't used Precise foundation, but I do use Precise Light and the pups love it and their sensitive tummies do well on it. I get it on PetFlow and it comes right to the door :)

Guest greyers

I haven't used Precise foundation, but I do use Precise Light and the pups love it and their sensitive tummies do well on it. I get it on PetFlow and it comes right to the door :)

I looked into petflow because their costs for shipping are awesome! Unfortunately they do not carry the foundation formula. :( The crazy thing is that the ingredients between the foundation chicken and rice and the regular chicken and rice is almost exact. One of the few differences is kelp in the regular formula and the protein and fat are only 1% off.

I will keep that in mind though in case I find I can alternate between them. The place I found that will order the foundation for me gives it to me for $51. which really is only a couple dollars difference than ordering with petflow.

Quite pleased... we started the foundation Chicken and Rice 3 meals ago and Rego has the best poop he has had in the three weeks or so since we have had him. While his poop may not be as firm as I would like yet, it is now 100% "formed". Prior to this even the best poops have still had the second half be not formed at all. Also, very little gas if any. Jury is still out on this food, but so far it looks like we may have found a winner.

Rocket's dad is pretty smart :lol

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Rocket's dad is pretty smart :lol

Tell Rocket's Mom.....:lol

i can only take credit for passing on the info. Uncle Bruce and Aunt Katie at the Greyhound Resort told us about it and got Rocket back to health using it. It works for us!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life