Dr. George's Plaque Blast

sonya

Saw this at Pet Smart. Has anyone tried? My vet suggests dental every 6 months. Too expensive.....wondering if anyone tried and op0inions.

Never heard of it. I'm pretty skeptical of most dental products in pet stores to be honest. I have heard good things about LebaIII (I think that's what it's called). You spray it on the teeth once a day. Honestly though the best things you can do for your dog's teeth are to brush them every day and provide good toys and chews. Rubber toys are the best, like Kongs. Stay away from tennis balls and rope toys which are abrasive to the teeth. Good dental chews (I think DentaStix are evil personally... I've seen way too many broken teeth from them, however someone recently told me that they were reformulated and are now soft enough to break by hand) like the Zuke's dental chews, beef pizzle, even raw marrow bones if your dog is a smart chewer. I don't like any kind of bone for aggressive chewers. I do give Summit raw marrow bones though as he mostly just chews the little bit of meat off and then licks out the marrow. No cooked or smoked bones as those splinter.

Summit's teeth are beautiful now. When I got him 11 months ago I was worried I was going to have to do a dental on him within a couple of years. Brushing his teeth every night and providing safe, good chews has done wonders. I am very hopeful that he will pretty much never need a dental.

Edited because I keent speel.

Edited by krissy

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Proden PlaqueOff and raw, meaty bones keep my Wendy's teeth super healthy.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Saw this at Pet Smart. Has anyone tried? My vet suggests dental every 6 months. Too expensive.....wondering if anyone tried and op0inions.

Never heard of it. I'm pretty skeptical of most dental products in pet stores to be honest. I have heard good things about LebaIII (I think that's what it's called). You spray it on the teeth once a day. Honestly though the best things you can do for your dog's teeth are to brush them every day and provide good toys and chews. Rubber toys are the best, like Kongs. Stay away from tennis balls and rope toys which are abrasive to the teeth. Good dental chews (I think DentaStix are evil personally... I've seen way too many broken teeth from them, however someone recently told me that they were reformulated and are now soft enough to break by hand) like the Zuke's dental chews, beef pizzle, even raw marrow bones if your dog is a smart chewer. I don't like any kind of bone for aggressive chewers. I do give Summit raw marrow bones though as he mostly just chews the little bit of meat off and then licks out the marrow. No cooked or smoked bones as those splinter.

Summit's teeth are beautiful now. When I got him 11 months ago I was worried I was going to have to do a dental on him within a couple of years. Brushing his teeth every night and providing safe, good chews has done wonders. I am very hopeful that he will pretty much never need a dental.

This works well for the majority of hounds. Sadly some hounds just have bad teeth. Jet grows plaque like he has fertilizer in his saliva or something. He got a dental a year ago, I brushed nightly and used a water pik (which he lover the dufus) He needs another dental and will likely loose a ton of teeth. Our vet says some dogs are just like that. Since all 4 of our dogs get the same dental treatment and none of them have had a dental since adoption I have to agree. Even 12 year old Jake has good teeth.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

This works well for the majority of hounds. Sadly some hounds just have bad teeth. Jet grows plaque like he has fertilizer in his saliva or something. He got a dental a year ago, I brushed nightly and used a water pik (which he lover the dufus) He needs another dental and will likely loose a ton of teeth. Our vet says some dogs are just like that. Since all 4 of our dogs get the same dental treatment and none of them have had a dental since adoption I have to agree. Even 12 year old Jake has good teeth.

Yes, granted some greys just have really bad teeth by way of genetics. But I think for any hound the best bet is to start with good hygiene, toys, and chews and see if the teeth can't be kept in good shape that way. I really do find the brushing helps... but it needs to be done every 24 hours if it's going to do any good. And then of course failing that you do have dogs who just need to have dentals done regularly. :(

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!