Welcome Cali-Rose!

greyhndz

My friends Maureen and Gary Ross are excellent and compassionate dog trainers in NH. They train, test and work with therapy dogs and with the READ program. Their greyhound, Tia, was their heart and soul, and Tia was also a Delta-trained therapy and READ dog, and was always the face that greeted you when you walked into their huge training gym. Very sadly and unexpectedly, Tia experienced cardiac arrest while anesthetized for a dental, and could not be resuscitated. I don't have to explain how devastated they were. Tia was their only greyhound in a home filled with Newfies, a Leonberger, and several others, but the absence of a greyhound can never be filled by anything but....

a Greyhound! Maureen, Gary and Journey the Newfie drove just under the radar from Irene, to NC to pick up Cali-Rose, who had been a prison hound, trained and loved by her inmate caretakers. Maureen hopes that Cali-Rose will show the same affinity for therapy and READ work that Tia did, but right now is just loving her presence and giving her time to settle in.

Here's a very funny slide show that Maureen put together of Cali-Rose

welcome to Yankee world, sweet girl!

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Looks like you hit the jackpot Cali-Rose! You're gonna LOVE it there!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

What a sweet "squiddish" girlie!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png