Adequan Users?

Guest peacehound

Guest peacehound

Peace, thank goodness, is really responding well to Adequan for her arthritis and is once again playing and content. She had six shots so far of the initial baseline of eight in the series. I just wondered if anyone out there who uses Adequan for arthritis could tell me how often their grey got the shot after the initial series. My vet hopes she can go at least monthly between shots.

Edited by peacehound

My horse is on Adequan. After the 8 loading shots, she is now on a biweekly schedule. I realize a horse is not the same as a greyhound, but it's still Adequan.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Sorry I can't help, but Shane is still on the twice-a-week part of the program. The once-a-month part starts next week, and I'll let you know how it goes.

Shane started on Adequan once before, months ago, briefly. His UTI recurred and, while there was no connection between the two things, his rehab vet thought we should knock out the UTI before pushing his rehab. So that's what we did.

If you see her regressing with the once-a-month shots, just tell your vet, and perhaps you can make them more frequent. We had to do that with our other dog's B-12 shots, which followed a similar decreasing protocol. He has intestinal malabsorption and will need the shots for life. I saw a real decrease in function (e.g., physically, cognitively), told his internist, and she said yes, he can have them every two weeks instead. :)

Hoping Peace and Shane both keep making progress on Adequan!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

not on any current pup,, but in the past,, bi-weekly for 3 months then we went to weekly,,tried this for awhile but had to go back to the bi-weekly as he got older,,,, used on our old Newfie when he was with us,, :)

Another one who uses it on horses and only give them once a month.

I think every dog/horse is different...and yours will let you know what works for him!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg