Gigi Has Lymphoma :(

Guest jessicaksu125

Jessica,

I didn't even notice that you were in Newark. I am in Westerville, so not that far from you.

Who did you speak with at OSU? Sometimes Dr. Couto can come up with some funds for those who truly need it. But it is usually just a small percentage of the total cost. In any case, Dr. Couto is the only one who can dip into the GHWP funds and authorize this.

Let me know if I can help you at all. FYI, Kroger has pred on their $4 list (30 20mg tablets for $4 or 90 tabs for $10. Costco has 30 for $6.20, 50 for $7.21 and 100 for $9.63. Giant Eagle and Meijer will match these prices. I don't have any leukeran left or I would give it to you. If you decide to go with a more aggressive protocol, SBH in Worthington has a better price for compounded cytoxan than Crosby Drugs (close to OSU).

Jane

I was sorry to see your message about Gigi's diagnosis. My Fiona was 8 when she was diagnosed and I also chose not to do chemo.

I alternated pred with leukeran (which another poster mentioned). The leukeran is a type of chemo med that is given in pill form. A 2 month supply (30 pills) cost me about $250 at RiteAid. I did not shop around so you may be able to find a better price.

The leukeran does not cause a remision but does slow the advance of the disease. Fi was diagnosed on April 1 and I lost her 5 and a half months later on September 17.

I also had an english pointer foster with lymphoma and the group chose to use only pred so if I can answer any questions about that feel free to message me.