Stinky Breath

Guest SweetFinish

Guest SweetFinish

Our girls have a problem with their breath. It smells a bit like rotted fish. Are there treats or chew things we can get for them that will help with this? Love our girls, but we are not loving their stinky breath.... :o

A good dental and then weekly turkey necks or bone will keep their teeth clean and their breath fresh. You can also brush their teeth daily.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Bad breath = bacteria. Your girls may need dental prophys. After their cleanings dental health can be mantained by daily brushing. Dogs dentat health demands are really not much different than ours-- brush daily and visits to your dentist. Turkey necks have already been mentioned-- bullysticks may help too. Seems a lot of folks are also happy using Petzlife. Personally, I like Biotene veterinary formula gel.

Depending on how bad your pups breath is, a dental MAY be necessary. Our Jack came with bad breath and we use Petzlife gel and spray daily and it worked wonders for him. Our senior Shelby came to us with rotted teeth, literally. She had a dental and 17 teeth were removed but she was in a really bad state. We use Petzlife on all three of our Greys and it has worked very well for us.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest tysmom

My Buck has breath to knock you over if you get near it.. all of the above have been done turkey neck , special rinse from the vet.

petz life spray.. tooth brushing.. the only thing that keeps his breath at bay is antibiotics after the dental..lol after that he goes right back to stink..

so, since he cant be on them constantly, though I practically begged the vet.. to this day if he pants he can clear a room and it seems pretty hopeless to change.

deb

My Buck has breath to knock you over if you get near it.. all of the above have been done turkey neck , special rinse from the vet.

petz life spray.. tooth brushing.. the only thing that keeps his breath at bay is antibiotics after the dental..lol after that he goes right back to stink..

so, since he cant be on them constantly, though I practically begged the vet.. to this day if he pants he can clear a room and it seems pretty hopeless to change.

deb

6 drops of hydrogen peroxide rubbed on there gums will stop the smell and help to clear up the red gums use a cotton ball.

Definitely sounds like dental problems. A good cleaning and follow up with regular care should cure the problem.

Definitely sounds like dental problems. A good cleaning and follow up with regular care should cure the problem.