Lumbar Spondylosis

Guest Greytluv

Guest Greytluv

My girlfriend's grey has been diagnosed with this :sad1 She has pain when she is sitting and trying to lay down. When she's down she can't seem to get comfortable. Anyone fimialiar with this? Any suggestions on how to help Emma?

Thanks. You're the best :wubsite

My girl has something similar. She's on an anti-inflammatory (meloxicam) for it. Regularly rubbing her down with liniment on her back and hind helps her, too.

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

Lumbar spondylosis (basically arthritis) or lumbar stenosis? It would be easy to confuse the two, but they're quite different conditions.

If it is lumbar spondylosis, NSAIDs should help.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Dylan had something similar a few months back. He could not lay down or get comfortable. I called the Vet from the old track and she said it is called "painful greyhound syndrome". We took him to the Evet (it was the weekend) and they started him on Methocarbymol and Rimidyl and the next day he came out totally fine!! I keep the Metho and Rimidyl on hand always now....He was on both drugs for about 10 days...

Edited by Newgreymom