Swollen Feet

I can't believe I'm back posting after only a few days. This time I just can't figure out how to search Google so I'm searching the minds of GT.

Inu has a long history of feet issues so I regularly notice his feet and toes. Yesterday and today the front two feet are swollen. It looks like water retention in a way. So does that seem possible to the minds of GT? That extreme heat would affect an older dog much like it does older humans and swell the feet/ankles? He's obviously indoors except for brief walks or turn outs and the house is kept at a reasonable temperature so he's not actually exposed often or for long periods of time to the heat but it's pretty extreme when he is out there. He isn't walking any different or acting like this is bothering him.

Thoughts?

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Might want to have bloodwork run. If your hounds blood proteins are low it's possible he may have some edema/asities going on. I would check the urine too-- it's possible he's losing protein in the urine-- not uncommon with our hounds.

If he's been inactive more than usual and laying around a lot he can have some swelling. That's happened to Saint a couple of times. I got him up and moving around and the swelling went down.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Thank you, Judy that makes sense. We haven't gone on walks with this heat so he's just been vertical long enough to do his business and run back inside. Last night we went on our first walk in a few days and again this morning. It looks like his feet are back to normal.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

This happened twice to my Larry's one front foot and we never discovered what the problem was. But, he did get put on antibiotics just in case it was infection related and his foot was also wrapped up (to act like a compression stocking).

It did go away in a few weeks.

Thank you, Judy that makes sense. We haven't gone on walks with this heat so he's just been vertical long enough to do his business and run back inside. Last night we went on our first walk in a few days and again this morning. It looks like his feet are back to normal.

I'm glad that's what it was. I mentioned it to my vet when we had Saint in one time and he said that happens, especially when they're just laying down quite a lot. Got to get the circulation going.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee