I Love My Vet

I spent all weekend at the Hartford Jazz festival. Sailor spent the first 2 days with me. I decided not to take him yesterday. Poor guy had major diarrhea yesterday due to getting into a friends dog food. I got home last night exhausted. I walked the dogs and got ready for bed. That's when I saw the nickle size hole in his side. It looked fresh. The only thing I can think of is that on our walk he rubbed agaist a bush and a branch got him. I brought him to my friends house and we decided that since the skin on the bottom was bunched funny that I should take him to the evet to make sure there wasn't a foreign body in there. I got there and the gave me an estimate for $600-$800 to do blood work, sedate and suture this small wound. I said I don't think so. I asked if they'd try it without sedation and they said no. So they gave me an estimate to clean it out and to get antibiotics, It was $200ish. $133 just to walk in the door. I agreed because well, he's my baby and I really wanted to make sure there wasn't anything bad in there. So they cleaned him up and home we went. I brought him to my vet today to see what they had to say. My vet went and grabbed his staple gun and while I help his (muzzled) head and a tech held his body still, Sailor got 4 staples. He cried with each staple, but was pretty happy for the treats afterwards. My vet also put him in a body wrap thing that looks like a onsie. :lol My bill for this was $88. Not having to put my sweet boy under and keeping him safe even if he felt a little more pain was priceless.