Laser Treatment

Plummer has a chronic nail bed infection which has been treated for years with Clavamox. This medicine has keep the infection in check but no wonder drug. Clavamox price has increased is very expensive now. Nail bed continues to weep and open up on walks.

I put medicated powder on his paw to stop Plummer from licking. (I have tried everything else with no luck)

THe canine chiro and vet suggested laser treatment. She suggested I rent one and give treatments 1 to 2x daily and see if it works. I contacted a company and they charge 300.0+ per month :(-

I would like to hear if anyone has used a laser and what results u had and if anyone knows where I can rent one cheaper.

thanks

Desi has nail bed problems, too. We've done cultures, fungassays, etc.etc.etc. Tried short & long courses of antibiotics,

antihistamines, antifungals, etc.etc.etc. Tried food trials, too. Nothing much helps long term.

I did try the laser. I work at a vet clinic, so got the treatments for free, just to see how it would work.

Nothing, nada, zip, same old, same old.

I'm believing by this time (16 months later) that it almost has to be an immune issue of some kind. We've tried Prednisone, too,

sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't & the side effects are miserable. Last time he'd lost 10 lb when I finally gave up on

that.

If & when you find something that really helps, please let me know.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Are you sure it's a nail bed infection and not SLO? :dunno Is it one toe nail or several?

Gracie had what I thought at first was SLO or an infection, but it turned out to be a rare, benign tumor of the nail bed. Toe amputation confirmed it.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest wmlcml6

I can totally vouch for the benefits of using cold laser treatments for open wounds. Healing time is greating reduced. Our vet rents them to patients for $25 a month (with a $300 refundable deposit). It's usually only needed for a few weeks. I'll warn you - it feels like you are doing nothing, but it really does work.