Flea Advice Needed.

Flea advice needed.

I have been using Sentinal with our greys for years. No flea problems at all.

But I got a new grey a week ago and she had fleas. On the 4th of July not many places are open to get flea products, so I went with Adams product, the shampoo and spray (the safe one) A bath helped a lot but there were stilll some, spray was added, causing her to get the silly spastic wigglies, but no bad reaction. Except during the night she worried one spot into a bald spot. Not quite a hot spot, but close. I put some triple antibiotic ointment on it then sprayed her again, today (monday) then went to petsmart and got some topical advantix.

I do plan on using sentinal on her, but she has not yet had a heartworm test so cannot start her on it.

She is being tested and spayed in two days, (wednesday).

So question is can i use the Advantix so soon after the Adams spray?

and should i use it two days before being she is being spayed?

I has been so long since we had a flea problem I am lost.

Thank you

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Guest LadyChester

Capstar will kill everything in a short time, and I don't think it should give her any problems before her spay, but check with her doc before. There is the monthly version of Capstar that is effectice on the Frontline resistant fleas as well.

Good luck, Nancy and congrats on your new girlie!

As far as the spay and flea situation goes I'd advise the vet of the situation and let him/her take it from there with Capstar or whatever they see fit. While she's there maybe wash dog beds in hot water and spray with Adams mist so it can dry before she comes back.

I'm a huge fan of Advantage, but not of Advantix because of the permethrin -- but that may be because I'm an old school curmidgeon...:blush

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

As far as the spay and flea situation goes I'd advise the vet of the situation and let him/her take it from there with Capstar or whatever they see fit. While she's there maybe wash dog beds in hot water and spray with Adams mist so it can dry before she comes back.

I'm a huge fan of Advantage, but not of Advantix because of the permethrin -- but that may be because I'm an old school curmidgeon...:blush

Me, too - it can cause some greyhounds to have neurological side effects, such as seizures. I don't take the chance, even though some tolerate it just fine :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire