Sneezing, And Sneezing, And Sneezing!

Help! I took all three dogs to the vet this week to get their toenails clipped. Dawson had to have his eye checked. Now, Ziggy is just sneezing his head off. I think I will try to take him to the vet if they are in tomorrow but what can I do for him now? It almost seems like an allergic reaction to something. I haven't changed anything though. I hope I didn't get him sick taking him to the vet!

Grass pollen is very high right now. When you walk the dogs, wipe them down with a damp paper towel when you bring them back inside. Every trip outside is a chance to pick up more pollen.

Benadryl also should help ("straight" Benadryl--not anything with headache relief in it).

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Sneezing is not a typical reaction to allergies in dogs.

I would check as carefully as you can for a foreign body stuck up her nose! Seriously. Could be a seed, a bit of grass, etc.

Happened to one of our dogs once.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Well, I took him to the vet and he said it could be one of two things. It could be allergies but it could also be a piece of grass that didn't go down the right way and has ended up in his nose. I have prednisolone and an antihistimine for him. If it doesn't help, then we will know it is the grass. I sure hope it isn't that because I don't think I can afford that. I will do it, but I will be poor.