Interesting Reaction To Man In Safety Vest

Guest cotaylo

Guest cotaylo

So my grey is newly adopted and has taken sometime to discover his bark.

Well, he found it the other day and it startled me. We were in the car driving slowly through a parking lot and he started barking and growling. I turned to see what was the cause and it was a man wearing an orange safety vest picking up trash in the medians (the man was kind of scary looking if I do say so myself). Grey has been out of the house a lot and this is the first encounter we've had with any barking/growling.

I'm guessing that the orange vest triggered something. Maybe, some memory of the track?

In any case, as we drove away, he calmed down but a block down the road, he must have still been thinking about it because he let out a little grumble/woof under his breath. I almost had to laugh at that little "last word" he had to have.

anyone else experience this too?

:) colleen

I believe dogs can tell "bad" people from others. I have observed dogs react so and inevitably if further info came in it turned out they were right- the person was lets say unsavory to be kind. Slim, who was all about protecting people, actually would have attacked a few if he could have got loose-really tried to because he knew they were a threat to his family and other good folks. He had unerring judgement. If you are smart you will trust your dog. If he doesn't like somebody there is probably a VERY good reason for it and you better be on your guard. Even the Bible says :"But now ask the beasts, and they will teach you."( Job 12:7) And then there was the donkey that refused to carry his master into the path of an angel who was going to kill him even though the master beat the donkey to try and make him go. The man couldn't see the danger but the donkey could and ultimately even spoke with a voice to the man(Numbers 22). I say trust and listen to your animals. You are very lucky to have such a protective sensitive houndie. They know more than you think they do. JMO

I wouldn't assume his reaction had anything at all to do with the track.

My last dog was terrified of the ROTC cadets, and I assure you, he was never in the military!

:colgate

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest cotaylo

I wouldn't assume his reaction had anything at all to do with the track.

My last dog was terrified of the ROTC cadets, and I assure you, he was never in the military!

:colgate

Funny. LOL about the ROTC cadets.

I believe dogs can tell "bad" people from others. I have observed dogs react so and inevitably if further info came in it turned out they were right- the person was lets say unsavory to be kind. Slim, who was all about protecting people, actually would have attacked a few if he could have got loose-really tried to because he knew they were a threat to his family and other good folks. He had unerring judgement. If you are smart you will trust your dog. If he doesn't like somebody there is probably a VERY good reason for it and you better be on your guard. Even the Bible says :"But now ask the beasts, and they will teach you."( Job 12:7) And then there was the donkey that refused to carry his master into the path of an angel who was going to kill him even though the master beat the donkey to try and make him go. The man couldn't see the danger but the donkey could and ultimately even spoke with a voice to the man(Numbers 22). I say trust and listen to your animals. You are very lucky to have such a protective sensitive houndie. They know more than you think they do. JMO

Ahhh, yes. Well, I certainly agreed with him that the guy was creepy and nasty looking. Thank you for your comments, they were heard.

Guest BrianRke

His reaction is not really that unusal. I too, doubt it has anything to do with the track from which he came. Maybe he was a prisoner on a chain gang in a previous life :lol

Dog's can't see orange ;)Dogs and Color Vision My guess is that there was something about the guy that was creepy and scary and your dog picked up on it. One of the only times my boy has growled at a human was when we were crossing the street and a very obese woman wearing strange clothing was crossing from the oppposite side in a lurching gait. Turbo had never seen anyone that looked or moved like her, so he growled.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire