Eherlicha Flare Up?

About 4 years ago a greyhound/whippet made the long journey from the Lubbock pound to Dallas then flew to her new home in Chicago with one of my best friends.

Bellalucia (She was Lucy before adoption and Bella after) has been lethargic, losing weight and having very loose poops which is very unusal. She was 45 pounds when adopted but is now 39. Her regular bloodwork came back normal but (I guess on the snap test) her Eherlicha numbers were high. She had Eherlicha out of the pound but we put her on Doxy for 45 days.

Teri's vet said he thinks this is a flare up and put her on Doxy for 10 :unsure days. I haven't dealt with TBDs in a long time so am kind of fuzzy on them. Had lots of dogs with TBDs come through years ago and don't remember any gastro issues, but I'm old and CRS.

Bella is on 2 cans of i/d a day and losing weight and seems to be hungry all the time. Her poops have firmed up a bit but are still runny.

Thoughts, observations and ideas?

Thanks

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Check for worms?

If she has Ehrlichia, she needs 4-6 weeks of doxy, not 10 days. Possible it wasn't cleared before. Also possible it was cleared before and she's just got a high titer, and something else is wrong this time. Won't be useful if she's already started the doxy but in future I would follow positive snap test with a PCR.

Meanwhile, I would add another can or two of I/D or similar per day. If price is an issue, maybe try Chicken Soup canned.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.