Pounds Of Poop

I'm not really sure what's going on. Bu has always had a sensitive belly. For the most part its been under control after finding the right food. I could leave him 8 hours easy without a problem. Even 10 hours on ocassion wasn't a big problem and a couple times up to 12 hours if something came up. But now, the amount of poop that is coming out of my dog is out of control. He's been eating 6 cups of TOTW Pacific Stream for well over a year. He's always pooped a lot and is legendary for it. I'm a dog walker and even newfoundlands and great danes don't poop as much as my 85# grey. That was as of the past year or 2. Now cows don't poop as much as him. I'd say he needs less food but he's not gaining weight. He was tested for worms a couple months ago and so were my fosters and everyone came back negative. He's starting to have accidents. I was gone for about 6-7 hours today and came home to 2 good sized accidents. He had already pooped twice earlier today. I don't know what to do. I know 6 cups sounds like a lot of food, but he has a crazy high metabolism and I get comments from greyhound people even about how skinny he is. I plan on taking him to the vet next week and 24 hours ahead of time start stocking up his poop so my vet can see how much poop he makes in 24 hours.

Any advice would be great. TIA

You know - Berk has started to poop volumes on TOTW Pacific Stream, too. This is definitely a new thing for him and it's a LOT of poop, so much that I am starting to look at a different food! I wonder if they've changed something recently. :rolleyes:

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Damn. I don't want to have to switch foods again. It took us almost a year of diarrhea to get a food that was somewhat ok for him. I've also been using Natures Domain from Costco since it's almost the same thing. I hate coming home to multiple piles of poop that looks like a cow was loose in the place.

Guest Blitzkrieg

i switched to Wolf King Solid Gold and noticed significantly less poop (and i have a St.Bernard that poops a lot)

Agway has it at the best price around here

the foods first ingredient is Bison and there is no artificial crap or fillers

Carl was always a prolific pooper with any kibble I put him on. I switched him to raw in Feb and his poop volume became a fraction of what it had been. He was known to poop up to 7 times on one walk, but now it is down to 3 moderate to tiny poops!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014