The Girls

Guest Sweetee

Guest Sweetee

I guess we should introduce ourselves. We adopted Little Bear and Mary from Quad Cities Greyhound Adoption last July. QCGA was a wonderful organization to deal with.

"The girls" have been a joy since we first brought them home. We lost our Mazie to "old age" in Feb. of 2010 and finally decided to get a new pup last summer. One pup led to two and now we have mother and daughter. This forum-stuff is new to me, so I am trying to feel my way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We live in WI close to Madison. We are definitely planning on attending the QCGA Reunion in September.

Edited by Sweetee

Welcome. I so remember Little bear. When I first saw her She reminded me of my little girl Connie. I just love watching her get blacker and blacker. All my babies came from QCGA. I will look for you at the Reunion.

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

Guest budsmom

Welcome from WI's west coast - La Crosse! There are a ton of GPA-WI folks in Madison and area, also, and I know they often meet up at the various dog parks and other events in Madison. You might want to check out our forum as well, GPA-WI forum all the various hound activities are usually posted here.

Hi and welcome!!

I'm new here too and got my babies fro QCGA 6 months ago (Top and Jude from the website). They look like yours, a black and a fawn :colgate:colgate. I liked your story on the website too :)

Edited by tuff
siggy2.jpg

Guest Sweetee

I don't think they were together for too long before we "found" them. Bear was born in June 2008 and from what we were told, she went to adoption when she broke her leg in April of 2009. Mary, her mom, had two litters (Bear was one of 6 in her second litter) and didn't go to QCGA until April of 2010. When we picked out Bear, we were considering her and a male. We were actually considering the male for our second pup, but he was a bit too "needy" for our tastes. Mary was just lying there in her crate when I walked up to her. We immediately bonded! She and Bear get along great. I just returned from the park where they really turned it on as the oppressive heat has finally left! colgate.gif Mary continues to exhibit her "broad mama" personality as she constantly tries to "boss" the other dogs at the park. So glad to hear that Jude & Top found their "forever" homes! smile.gif