True And Uti And Need To Change Vets

Guest candt

There are a WHOLE lot of other things besides a UTI in a 13 year old dog that could be causing these issues.

The cranberry can't hurt--George has been taking it for years.

I did the ultrasound, and naturally they found NOTHING. Which was good news/bad news.

What's the specific gravity of her urine? What about blood work?

Dr. Mason at Dedham Veterinary Associates was very helpful to me with George, as was Dr. Kuo. They're somewhat familiar with Greyhounds, and having dealt with George, and ME, they might be inclined to give you some leeway in dictating a path of treatment you feel strongly about.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

There are a WHOLE lot of other things besides a UTI in a 13 year old dog that could be causing these issues.

The cranberry can't hurt--George has been taking it for years.

I did the ultrasound, and naturally they found NOTHING. Which was good news/bad news.

What's the specific gravity of her urine? What about blood work?

Dr. Mason at Dedham Veterinary Associates was very helpful to me with George, as was Dr. Kuo. They're somewhat familiar with Greyhounds, and having dealt with George, and ME, they might be inclined to give you some leeway in dictating a path of treatment you feel strongly about.

I've also been using Dr Mason at Dedham Vet for almost 2 years now and she has done a good job with my pets. I find that she is open to suggestions and will research "greyhound issues".

Note, both my dogs had dentals there and she made special arrangements to take them in while I was there and start the sedative/dental immediately so they did not have to stay in cages and get anxious. She also called when she finished the dentals to let me know that everything went well.