Getting Kevin To Sleep In

Whether a dog living in your home will wake you before you are ready to rise is entirely an issue of bonding and training.

I suppose I could find that statement annoying, insulting and presumptuous, but I'll just laugh as I know my girl and are bonded.

As for the OP, my girl does like to try to get me up - personally it's kind of hilarious as she comes into the bedroom, stands in front of me and stares, leaves the bedroom and repeats in a "you up? how about now? what about now?". We once counted her doing this 6 times before we laughing so hard that I finally took her outside. What's worse is when she starts bringing in her toys and throws them on the bed.

I do think the sun plays a role as she tends to wander in when it first gets light no matter what that time is - but a grumble of "go to bed" sends her on her way and I get to sleep for another few hours. It does take consistency of not budging, but they do remember that the alarm is the signal. On the plus side, her bugging me once the alarm goes off keeps me from missing too many 5 AM runs.

A quick update. Kevin is feeling better these past couple days. So he slept for two days to the alarm this week. Last night up at 2am to poop and then slept to the alarm. So, I think this weekend might go ok. I think with his night walk and then being ignored he might be ok. I think that he probably did not feel well and the fussing was worse. He has been resting in a more quiet manner. I will update soon.

finalsiggy.jpg