Care Credit

I am so glad to find this thread as we are over $2000 in just 6 wks with Ava (11y old with hip/back proloblems, newly diagnosed hypothyroid, med managed chronic pain) and Augie (newly retired with broken hock bones that were repeatedly broken in past and never surgically fixed). He was rested and downgraded until rebreak occured until he came to us. It has taken tons of research and to come this conclusion. He was still winning and making money and poof he gets 6 months off and sold to another track in sanother state. He then raced for and placed for a couple months and then got another vacation. I know / hope they did the best they could but the bones are so bad we can't even operate. There's not enough bone to pin together. Our Ortho is top notch and consulted the world renowned Dr. Gillette at Auburn's vet sports medicine program. We are splint/ small casting it and change it every 2 wks so we can prevent skin breakdown and hope to have enough new bone growth to then operate in a few months.

Sorry to go go all soa box there. We filled out requests forms today to help with it all. Money is tight and will be very tight until I get my kidney transplant and can return to working. My DH's business was hit 2 wks ago by aF5 tornado and totally destroyed. We are well covered insurance wise but it takes time to get paid from the insurance company especially when THOUSANDS lost homes and businesses in the disaster. Alabama looks like a war zone and it breaks my heart!

Anyway, i'm glad to hear it is a good option as long as you pay off quickly. I'm almost to the point of choosing between my 14 daily meds and Augie's upcoming surgery. I always go with them first but DH is voice of reason. As he says"if there' s no mummy then who will spoil them ?". I refer to them as our kids and remind him "Atleast we won't be paying for college!" B)

You really have been hit hard. Care Credit is a Godsend. But like most of the posts have said, make sure you pay off by the end of the promotional period or you will get hammered with a high interest rate on the whole loan, not just the balance left.

Good luck with everything. I hope things work out.

Just a quick thanks to the OP for starting this thread and those that responded. My equine vet's office does accept Care Credit. I applied for the card and just got it in the mail yesterday. I just paid my latest equine vet bill using it... $1,614. It will be nice to have a few months - interest free - to pay down this whopper.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

My card just came in the mail the other day. I've now got a couple of unexpected things to deal with so we'll be using it soon. Was hoping to only use it for emergencies, but, not having a job makes things tough.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--