Know Anything About Triflexis All-In-One Preventive Chewable Tablet?

My vet is pushing Triflexis (spinosad + milbemycin), a chewable monthly all-in-one tablet for prevention of fleas, heartworm disease, and hookworm, roundworm, and whipworm infestations. Has anyone used it and gets good results? I've never heard of it and am wondering if it is new and what you might know about it. I give Sheba Heartguard Plus and K9 Advantix and was wondering about administering the all-in-one Triflexis tablet. I have no idea what it costs, though.

Guest eaglflyt

Yes, it's a new product. Some members of our adoption group have started using it and have had no negative effects. I still have Comfortis on hand and Interceptor, so I haven't considered it yet.

Guest Swifthounds

I never switch to anything new until it's been around for a while.

Same here. Testing for animal products isn't what I would call thorough or really complete when released to the market. I'm not big on "combos" either.

Guest sorenkkg

We do Revolution, but the dogs in the last couple years seem to not love it-- get restless and upset stomach for a day or so after application.

I need something for tick/flea/heartworm and other worms would be nice too... Any suggestions?

Guest kydie

new meds,, kind of make me nervous too,,,, if one has no other choice but to use a new drug,, that is a different can of worms,,,, for me I think I'd by pass it for awhile Just me