Already...in April?

Guest Bang_o_rama

Guest Bang_o_rama

Last evening Gina and I were in the home office when, a block or so away, there occurred a crackling sound which resembled one of the fireworks commonly used around 04July by the local urchins. A minute later, Bang, who had been sleeping on our bed, slinks into the office, trembling, with her tail tucked under her and proceeds to try to hide underneath Gina. She is still anxious and twitchy.

It is gonna be a loooooong summer....

~D~

Guest Houndstown

We had the worst hail storm I've ever seen tonight. No joke, some of the pieces were just about the size of baseballs. We live in a pretty sturdy brick house, but even still, I thought we were going to end up with holes in the roof! It was cazy.

Anyway, Pre hates fireworks, loud bangs and especially storms. Poor thing could sense it was coming. He was up off his bed and panting for about 30 minutes before it started and all the way thru. I felt so bad for him!

I have one who is afraid of storms and fireworks. I usually spray DAP on her bed (along with music turned up louder) and get her to lay down which helps some. We had a storm yesterday and I could not get her to lay down and she was just panting and pacing. I finally took a white sock, sprayed the DAP on the sock and tied it around her tag collar so it hung under her chin. Within minutes she had calmed down and was laying on her bed with a toy. As soon as the storm passed I took off the sock and threw it in the wash. Now, why didn't I think of that sooner?

june

I might have to try that sock & DAP spray tip. We had our first storm last weekend, and Monty was beside himself. And then on Monday the neighbor across the street was home and he kept going in and out of his front (wood) stormdoor. It was windy and it kept slamming, and Monty was cowering and shivering again. Shesh. Maybe I should ask him to do it continuously for a day and see if flooding would work. (Seriously Monty, it's a door, and it's across the street!)

Guest IrskasMom

My Morty is such a whimp to Dogs that come close or Pebbles to walk on . But he has no Fear of Thunderstorms or high Winds ,which we had yesterday all Day . I am so grateful for that. :):):)

Tiana started about a month ago hiding in her crate as soon as the wind started...she goes catatonic for hours and will not move a muscle, even after the wind (or rain or whatever) has passed and it is nice and sunny out again. We find that even a movie with sounds like thunder or the neighbours attached to us playing a video game that sounds strange to her will send her into that state. Poor puppy. It is definitely going to be a long summer...

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

Guest Iceman41

I am new to this form and grey hounds I live in pa and have a adopted a dog from florida

She is real shy

Sort of timid

Small female bridal 58 pounds

Will the shyness fade?

Guest Cuznsalsmom

We had a thunderstorm already last week ... in Ontario.... c'mon its April. Anyway I spent the night curled up on the floor with him. By the time I realized it was thundering it was too late to get his meds into him. The vet gave him Clorazapam, works great if you can get it into him about an hour before the storm starts! What is DEP? I'll try anything to make him feel better.