Sprain Or Something Worse?

I'm really hoping that you all can help me with what I hope is nothing serious. Let me start at the beginning. I got home last night from work and Tank had his normal play time in the back yard. Lots of zoomies and bounding up and down from the deck. He ate dinner and napped. Nothing out of the ordinary until 8:30 or so. Tank got up to follow me into the kitchen and my dad noticed he was limping. After checking I noticed that his right front ankle was very swollen and black and blue. As you can imagine I'm freaking right now!! I'm able to manipulate his ankle, elbow and toes and don't get a pain response from him. What I'm wondering is if I should be worried about Osteo? Is Osteo more of a lump or can a bruised swollen joint be an indicator also? I put ice packs on it as much as he would let me last night and this morning it is still black and blue but the swelling seemed to have gone down some. My DH, dad and I are very worried about our spoiled boy. Would you all watch it for a day or so or get x-rays done asap?

Thanks!

I'd take him to the vet today. Whilst it 'may' be a bad sprain/bruise that happened in play you'd have thought he would have yelped or given that awful GSOD?

Cancers show up in so many different ways and every dog will have them differently. None of us willingly face the possibility, but to stay sane you need to think like it isn't cancer until it's diagnosed. And if it's something fixable then the sooner it is fixed the easier (and cheaper) it will be.

Guest snakes

I would say to get him to the vet for an xray for one simple reason, your own peace of mind! Worrying whether it is or isn't osteo and wondering if you should go to the vet or not can be incredibly stressfull. I know it can be expensive but it will be mentally worth it!

My guess is that it's a bad sprain, but you should go to the vet to make sure nothing is broken. I'd see about getting in today. At the very least, he may need some pain meds. Good luck :goodluck

Edited by turbotaina

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

It could be a sprain or a hairline fracture. I'd have it x-rayed to make sure.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee