Hello From Columbus, Oh - Or Soon To Be Corvallis Or

Guest willow_may

Guest willow_may

Hi there.

I'm Ed from Columbus, Ohio. But won't be living here much longer.

My 9 year old girl Willow and I will be moving to Corvallis, OR in just a few weeks.

Sadly, her mom will be staying behind for a little while. :(

New to the forum and trying to reach out and make some contacts out in the Willamette Valley.

It's a big move for us. We hope Willow adjusts okay.

We'll be driving together, so if anyone has advice about our upcoming trip, that would be awesome and appreciated.

We are not in Corvallis, but have been there many times when my brother lived there. Some things to check out when you arrive: Great Coffee at The Beanery, and wonderful food at the New Morning Bakery . The DaVinci Days Festival is also a blast.

There are some Active GreyTalk Folks in the area but I can't recall names.

Good luck on your move.

EDITED TO ADD: Somehow, i forgot to mention one of my favorite dive bars - Squirrel's Tavern in Corvallis. It's not fancy, but is very laid back, and the food is awesome. Best chicken sandwich and burgers I've ever had. The fact that I forgot it means we are overdue for a trip out west.

For a trip to the coast, check out Florence, Oregon, or Yachats, Oregon. Both are a reasonable drive. In Yachats - the Adobe is a great hotel and has a very good restaurant, on the oceanfront.

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bonnebike

Hello from Corvallis! If you like little towns, you'll like Corvallis. There are a number of greys in town so Willow can find some friends. :)

In the "small world" category, my wife has family in Gahanna, Newark, and Cincinnati.

How is Willow at traveling in general? Does she like car rides? I travel to/from Pensacola, FL (starting in Lansing, MI) with my 2 pups. I just stop every 4 hours to let them out, give them water...they eat before we leave and when we get there. If the weather is bad like this last time, then I'll crash at a hotel for the night...I stopped @ Best Western, but others on here who go to Sandy Paws, GIG, Dewey, etc. could tell you of other chain hotels that would allow pets. Mine can handle the 15 1/2 hour drive straight through, but not much more than that. If you do your drive over a couple of days then you'll be able to book a hotel in advance.

And welcome to GT!

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Guest IrskasMom

Hello Ed and WELCOME to GT :wave:wave:wave:wave As I can see , you made already Contact with another GTer . Willow will do just fine and find New Friends. Let us know , how it goes . Good Luck on your Move .

• 3 weeks later...
Guest willow_may

hi there again.

we made it! willow did greyt on the long ride. she settled right

into her bed in the backseat.

corvallis is beautiful- and we've already hooked up with a few grey owners

at a local adoption event in town. we're really looking forward

to settling here for a while and exploring. there's tons of trails

for willow to walk and stay in shape for an old lady!! :colgate

thanks for all the kind words!!

Just wanted to say welcome to the Willamette Valley! The Oregon State vet school is there in Corvallis, if you find yourself in need. And trust me when I say that the rain will eventually stop. :lol Summer and early fall are the best times to live here, in my opinion. I hope you and Willow are enjoying settling into your new home! There are lots of lovely greyhound folks around. :welcome2

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.