Possible Tumor

Guest amour

Posted earlier today about possible IBS? Just got back from the vet with bad news. My boy has severe gastritis, extremely enlarged spleen.

She said that the X-rays had a "ground-glass effect" (old school expression) for possible tumors. At this point, we don'know the causes or what caused what. Going back in the AM for ultrasound. Blood work was mostly within norm except for ALT375U/L and ALKP350U/L. I know that I,m jumping the gun with worry , but I would like to know what to expect with either scenario. I been dealing with this vet for 20years and I can read her very well,and the look on her face was very upseting to me

I fear the worst of the two.

An enlarged spleen could mean hemangio, you likely already know this. I hope it isn't. Our thoughts will be will you and your pup tomorrow.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

What Charlies dad said. We had a pup with and enlarged spleen and it turned out to be hemangio.

Hoping and praying that's not what's going on with your sweetie.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I lost my first girl Brindle to Hemangiosarcoma of the spleen. I lost my very beloved Pearl this year to fibrosarcoma of the spleen.

If it's a tumor that's burst, then it's already spread, time is very short. I'm so so sorry.

But if it hadn't burst yet and you remove the spleen, prognosis is excellent. Unfortunately, dogs are usually asymptomatic until the tumor has burst. Which is what makes the disease so incidious.

I hope it's not the big C. Prayers coming your way.