Advantage For Flea Prevention

Guest mimikay

Guest mimikay

Is Advantage better than Frontline for flea prevention? My 3 yr old grey is 65lbs. Do I need to give her the Advantage that is for 21-55 lbs dogs, or 55lbs and over? When I adopted Raina, her foster mentioned that greys should be medicated as 30lb. dog because they are very sensitive to medication.

Yes, Advantage is better for flea conrol and she should have the correct dosage which is for over 55 lbs. There are some meds that greys are sensitive to but I never heard to treat for a 30lb dog.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I use the over 55 lbs Advantage with no problems on mine.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest mcsheltie

If you want to save money and not over dose, buy the largest size and give your dog the correct dose for it's weight.

Advantage dose is 4.5 mg/lb

If you don't want to do the math -

51-60 lbs 2.5 ml

61-70 lbs 3 ml

55+ package has 4 ml per dose.

I like to alternate - I was working in a vets office and I truly believe the fleas are building a resistance. With alternating, the flea's systems can't build up a tolerance. I could also be coo-coo and hyper-vigilant :blush .

Guest mcsheltie

I like to alternate - I was working in a vets office and I truly believe the fleas are building a resistance. With alternating, the flea's systems can't build up a tolerance. I could also be coo-coo and hyper-vigilant :blush .

If everyone used Program in conjunction with their adult flea control fleas would be unable to become resistant to anything. The next generation doesn't hatch.