They Always Know The Worst Time...

When I cam home from work today, I let the dogs out as usual. That was about 2:20. Naples came inside with seemingly no problems, I sat down to relax.

DH came home about 4:00, and noticed blood on the carpet and dog beds. Huh. Where'd that come from? No one was limping. Manero had no blood anywhere on his coat (usually the first noticeable thing, if he's bleeding). So, I started with Naples.

She has blood on the bottom of her right front foot. Weird. She's not limping, and I saw no blood anywhere outside, on the linoleum leading into the family room. WEIRD!

So, for now, I cleaned it up with saline, and wrapped it with vet wrap, and a folded 3" x 3" gauze pad "packed" into the webbing. I suspect it's nothing. but we just spent a TON of money on Cooper's dental last week. Our accounts can't take another hit!

I will unwrap soon, and look at it again. It's not threatening to life or limb, so we'll take her to the vet tomorrow if we have to. I just hope it's a small scratch, and easily treated!

ETA: I really wish all patients were like Naples, though! She does not care one bit what I do to her. She stood like a rock as I poked and prodded, and has, for the most part, left the wrap alone! The only problem she had was standing - she's getting up there in years, and has a hard time standing now. I can't blame her! She's still so patient, though!

Edited by Sighthounds4me

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest TeddysMom

It might be what mine are going through right now with the frozen ground. Two foot injuries in one day and a really deep nasty gash on one of my non-greys right below his eye. looks like it was from a stick. Thankfully peroxide is great at taking out blood stains.

It might be what mine are going through right now with the frozen ground. Two foot injuries in one day and a really deep nasty gash on one of my non-greys right below his eye. looks like it was from a stick. Thankfully peroxide is great at taking out blood stains.

Yeah - no peroxide on dark brown carpet! LOL Capture works well, especially if followed by a steam cleaner loaded with enzymatic cleaner.

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Yep, Max just finished a 2 week round of antibiotics for a skin infection and today he tore his dew claw, 2nd time this year for this same foot, back to the vet today, they injected lidacaine and cut the hanging piece off. If he did not bleed all over the floor and carpet I would not have known he was hurt, he was running outside and barking his fool head off @ the Labs next door, probably tore it running, cold hard ground and tight turns.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Poor Naples---brave girlie! She may have split her webbing running around on this frozen ground. Those injuries don't always bleed too much maybe that's why you didn't notice the boo-boo right away. If it is a split web there really isn't to do to much for them---I have them stitched and I have have them heal on there own--no right or wrong way to treat that injury.

Poor Naples---brave girlie! She may have split her webbing running around on this frozen ground. Those injuries don't always bleed too much maybe that's why you didn't notice the boo-boo right away. If it is a split web there really isn't to do to much for them---I have them stitched and I have have them heal on there own--no right or wrong way to treat that injury.

That's what I am thinking. It looks fine right now, so I am going to try the wait-and-see approach.

As for brave, no! Just determined. And dumb! But cute and lovable! :lol