From My Adopter In Il

Vomited her food on Thursday--hadn't eaten anything unusual, no reason for nausea.

Friday, lethargic and intermittent panting episodes. Seemed a little wobbly on her feet. Saturday morning laying around, a couple more panting episodes and more lethargic and wobbly.

Vet observed pain when he put pressure on her belly. Blood test ruled out pancreatitis but found abnormally high red blood cell count. Xrays of belly, lungs, gut normal. PCV (packed cell volume) test also indicated too many red blood cells. She was slightly dehydrated but not enough to produce this test result. She's been kept overnight on iv fluids, results of blood test back tomorrow. Thoughts???

Thanks -

Teri and Bella

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

How high? She's a gh mix, isn't she? Do they have previous values to compare to?

Zema's PCV was normally close to 70.

Hope Bella just has an upset tummy and will be fine in the morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

If this were my dog I'd already be at the vet because to me the risk of doing nothing far outweighs the risk of being proactive.

The dog was already at the vet and being kept ovenight when the OP was made. I guess treatment or choice to delay it rested with the vet at least until this morning as he had the dog and was monitoring her. I worked a double today and just got home so have no updates. Will find out tomorrow..

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg