In Urgent Need Of A Belly Band In Oz

A friend of mine got the devastating news today that her 12-year-old hound has inoperable cancer :weep. It has wrapped itself around his kidneys, making him completely incontinent. She has taken him home to spend what time she has left with him, and would like to make his time as comfortable and dignified as possible.

She has asked me to see if I can get a belly band for him, and I can't seem to find them here. Is there anyone here that I can order one from and have it shipped ASAP?

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Guest NeroAmber

I'm sorry to hear the sad news :( ...if she's desperate for a bellyband until a proper one arrives she could make one using an old towel and some velcro- or an old towel folded and wrapped in stretchy t-shirt material with buttons, if she has no velcro.

Here are some other methods;

http://www.ehow.com/how_2295386_make-belly-bands-male-dogs.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_5903969_make-belly-bands-greyhounds.html

Best of luck and good wishes to her and her boy

A friend of mine got the devastating news today that her 12-year-old hound has inoperable cancer :weep. It has wrapped itself around his kidneys, making him completely incontinent. She has taken him home to spend what time she has left with him, and would like to make his time as comfortable and dignified as possible.

She has asked me to see if I can get a belly band for him, and I can't seem to find them here. Is there anyone here that I can order one from and have it shipped ASAP?

Nadir would be happy to loan a couple of his if you pm me where they need to be sent.

Thanks, everyone, for your kind suggestions/offers.

I spoke with my friend today, and apparently when they did the exploratory surgery yesterday they removed at least some of the tumor, which seems to have relieved some of the pressure and restored continence. This is probably temporary, but it will give me a bit of time to whip some bands up myself.

But if you could spare some good thoughts for Jellybean (and for Sue), that would be great :(

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers