No More Crating

Guest BonnieW

Guest BonnieW

After reading through the posts here, I have decided to stop doing my Alone Training with Draco in a crate. He gets what I would call mild anxiety when crated. He howls and barks the whole time during crating and when he comes out he is panting and paces a bit. I don't work, but will have to leave him alone some times and that is why I have been working on the alone stuff with him. I was hesitant to leave him alone free in a room until I read about some of you using their muzzle while you're gone. It was a "duh" moment for me! I don't know why I never thought of that :blush

My husband wonders if it is safe to leave them with their muzzle on... Also, the muzzle GPA gave us is broken and frayed, so I need to get one. Any suggestions on where to get one?

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Bonnie

Muzzles -- Yes you can leave them on. They can drink and eat kibble through them.

GEM has them and you can do some other greyhound shopping in their store. :) Proceeds go to adoption and they ship super fast.

http://gemgreyhounds...nline_store.htm

Or for a couple of dollars lesss

http://birdwellenterprises.com/index_files/Page426.htm

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I've bought all my muzzles at Birdwell Enterprises (link above).

Muzzles are the greatest training tool ever! You can certainly leave them on while you're gone. Just don't leave them unattended with a stool guard/poop cup attached.

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

I've had 5 greyhounds and I've never crated any of them. In fact I don't even own a crate. The only time I've ever muzzled is when I had a dog that was fussing with a wound.

Guest BooandCalisMom

I no longer crate my dogs but do keep them separated (not muzzled) when I am not home as we had an incident a few years ago that ended in one costly evet visit!!!

I don't crate but i muzzle one of them because she enjoys chewing electrical devices when they are plugged into a power source.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest Nuthatch

If I leave muzzels on they walk aginst the wall rubbing their faces as they go - I fear for the plaster work. If you are fond of your home decor or have wallpaper this could be an issue.